American Airlines flight delays and cancellations
The American airlines is the world’s largest airline with a fleet of almost 1000 aircrafts, reaching over 350 destinations worldwide, and so it’s no surprise if they get to experience delays and cancellations.
When you are have suffered flight delays and cancellations on American Airlines, you should turn to Flightright to help you get the compensation you deserve. With Flightright, your claim to delay compensation is assured. By using our easy, fast and free online calculator you can check your eligibility for compensation.
Your rights when delayed with American Airlines
- You could be entitled to as much as Up to €600 compensation
- Flights dating as far back as 6 years
- Regardless of the ticket price
- When the flight was cancelled, delayed at least 3 hours or overbooked
Tips and Tricks when delayed with American Airlines
- Establish what caused the delay directly with the airline
- Collect documents: photos/screenshots, receipts of expenses, vouchers etc
- Be sure to claim your benefits and services while at the airport
- Exchange contact details with fellow passengers
More detailed information regarding your passenger rights and the EU law
Recent flight delays and cancellations with American Airlines
It’s no news, American Airlines have performed badly on the flight delays and cancellation chart. With more flights out of the UK delayed or cancelled than most other airlines, American Airlines has a notoriety of being always liable to the delay compensation claim.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with American Airlines eligible for compensation?
The EU 261/2004 regulation specifies conditions for which passenger becomes entitled to an American Airlines delay compensation. The conditions as outlined in the regulation are:
- That an American Airlines flight arrives at its final destination, more than 3 hours after the ETA.
- In case of flight cancellations, cancellations without prior notice of 14 days and above.
The EU 261/2004 regulation specifies sanction for these infringements. However, these sanctions will not apply if the delay or cancellation is as a result of extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather.
American Airlines passengers are entitled to a delay compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your American Airlines flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours after ETA.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Don’t take any excuses!
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) does not suffice for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who have suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years retrospectively.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Find below an outline of American Airlines flight delay compensation you are entitled to, based on the distance of your intended flight:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 compensation from American Airlines.
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 American Airlines compensation.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 American Airlines compensation
Delay, cancellation, overbooking or missed connection flight? You are entitled to:
|Short distance up to 1500 km||Medium distance up to 3500 km||Long distance from 3500 km|
|e.g. London – Edinburgh||e.g. London – Athens||e.g. London – Tokyo|
How to claim compensation from American Airlines
To claim your flight delay compensation American Airlines, you have to first determine if you are eligible for compensation. To get started, use our free online compensation calculator to determine your eligibility for an American Airlines delay compensation.
It only takes a few minutes to determine if you are eligible. If the verdict is that you are eligible for an American Airline compensation, Flightright will help you assert your right to fair compensation for the inconvenience that you have suffered. We have helped over 8.8 million passengers and counting… Join our growing list of satisfied customers today!
American Airlines Additional services at the airport
For extended American Airlines flight delay or cancellation, you are automatically entitled to certain benefits. Although these rights and benefits may vary depending on the distance of your flight, it is important to note what these benefits are. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In the case of a delay of more than 5 hours, regardless of the distance, you can withdraw from your flight at no cost to you. American Airlines is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
When delayed till the next day, you’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Always ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight now:
- up to €600 compensation per person
- over 8.800.000 happy customers
- 99% success rate in court
Useful advice & information about American Airlines
American Airlines’ main hub is located in Fort Worth in Texas. It operates between 350 airports in 50 countries globally, making it the largest airline worldwide. The airline uses a fleet of roughly 1000 aircraft and employs over 120,000 people.
American Airlines has made a comeback in recent time to become one of the most punctual airlines flying out of and into Europe. The airline has made significant progress but there is still room for improvement particularly in the areas of flight delays.
Great Compensation Response
American Airlines are, in general, one of the better airlines to deal with when working a compensation claim. They reply to our requests for payment on time and once the claim has been accepted, they pay out in promptly.
Information about online check-in
In general, when flying with American Airlines you’ll have the option to check-in between 24 hours before your scheduled flight time, or 45 minutes prior to takeoff. It is worth confirming this in advance as different airports and countries may have a different check-in structure. Checking-in in advance online is highly recommended to avoid unnecessary delays to your journey. It would also be worth considering using their app to check-in and keep up to date with the latest news regarding your flight.
Had flight problems with American Airlines?
Flightright takes care of your rights in the event of flight delays, cancellations and overbooking and is committed to ensuring that you receive your compensation from the airline.