Flight delay and flight cancellations with Lufthansa: your right to refund and compensation
Lufthansa is the largest airline in Germany, and when combined with its many subsidiaries, it operates the largest fleet size in Europe. The airline has a vast network that reaches 197 worldwide destination airports. When flying out from the UK, Lufthansa suffered not too many lengthy delays, but it canceled a higher proportion of flights than many of its competitors in 2016.
According to EC Regulation 261/2004, passengers have the right to claim compensation from Lufthansa for denied boarding due to overbooked flights and for flights delayed for 3 hours or canceled without any prior notice.
At Flightright, we assist Lufthansa passengers who have been subjected to a delay or flight cancellation to enforce their rights. Getting compensated is quick and simple. To get started, use our free online calculator to check your eligibility for a Lufthansa flight delay compensation.
What are my rights when delayed with Lufthansa?
- According to EU law up to €600 Compensation
- Regardless of the ticket price
- Flights up to 6 years old
- When the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
What should I do when delayed with Lufthansa?
- Confirm the reason for the delay with the airline.
- Collect proof: photos, receipts of expenses, vouchers, etc.
- Insist on your basic benefits and services at the airport.
- Check your eligibility for compensation with our free online calculator
More in-depth information regarding the EU-regulation and your passenger rights.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with Lufthansa eligible for compensation?
The 2004 EU261 regulation clearly defines a flight delay as when an airline or its replacement arrives at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected. In this circumstance, you need to check to know if you might be entitled to compensation.
Note: the amount of compensation is dependent on the distance of the flight – not on the amount you paid for your ticket. Additionally, the flight must either take off or land in the European Union. In the case where it is landing in the European Union, the airline must also have its headquarters in the EU.
A Lufthansa passenger is entitled to compensation in the event of the following:
- Flight delay: If your Lufthansa flight arrives at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of the cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs, and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Don’t take any excuses!
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) do not suffice for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who has suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years in the past.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Here is an overview of which compensation you’ll be entitled to, based on the circumstances of your delay:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 compensation from Lufthansa.
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 compensation from Lufthansa.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 compensation from Lufthansa.
Delay, cancellation, overbooking or missed connection flight? You are entitled to:
|Short distance up to 1500 km
|Medium distance up to 3500 km
|Long distance from 3500 km
|e.g. London – Edinburgh
|e.g. London – Athens
|e.g. London – Tokyo
How to claim compensation from Lufthansa
The first thing to do is confirm that you are eligible for Lufthansa flight delay compensation. This is often not a simple process when done on your own: getting access to flight databases, comparing your situation with other similar cases, checking whether your case applies under European Regulation No. 261/2004, etc. are some of the tasks that need to be done carefully to determine if you are eligible for a Lufthansa compensation. In fact, for an individual without the legal expertise or the required technology, this can prove quite complicated.
But we have made it all easy with Flightright. In simple steps, you can determine your eligibility for a Lufthansa delay compensation. Simply enter your flight details into our free compensation calculator, establish that you’re entitled to a claim against Lufthansa, and then leave the rest to us. It will only take a few minutes for us to verify the eligibility of your claim and initiate action to ensure that you get compensated. Our service is free as we only get a percentage of what we can extract as a claim. By choosing us, you are opting to join the more than 11 million satisfied customers who have used our service. We are a dependable partner and we have been successful at asserting air passenger rights for over 12 years.
Lufthansa Additional services at the airport
If your Lufthansa flight departure is delayed for more than normal, you immediately have the right to basic benefits and services. These rights vary depending on the distance of your flight. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food, and 2 telephone calls, emails, or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food, and 2 telephone calls, emails, or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food, and 2 telephone calls, emails, or faxes
Delays of more than 5 hours
In this instance, you can, regardless of the distance, withdraw from your flight. Lufthansa is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.
Departure delayed until the next day
You’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Contact Lufthansa customer service directly and ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers to be provided in writing.
Useful advice & information about Lufthansa
Lufthansa’s primary hub is based in Cologne, and the Lufthansa group transported a staggering 110 million passengers in 2016. It operates a fleet of 273 aircraft, consisting of both Boeings and Airbuses. Passengers have a choice of four different classes when flying with Lufthansa.
Punctuality when flying out of the UK needs some work
Lufthansa reported a satisfactory year in terms of flight delays of three or more hours; they were more punctual in that respect than many of their rival airlines. The issue they had was without outright cancellations – their passengers suffered an above-average number of these, and some work is required to improve this.
Agreeable to compensation payouts
Lufthansa set a good standard when it comes to compensatory claims made against them for flight disruption. They are responsive and prompt when dealing with Flightright, and we need not often take court action against them.
Information about online check-in
When flying with Lufthansa, there are many options available for online check-in, much of which is dictated by which class you fly in and whether you are a frequent flyer. As such, the best course of action is to check their website. An even more effective route would be to download their app, where you can complete your check-in as well as be provided with flight updates.
More information about Lufthansa is available here.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight here:
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Lufthansa
Click to view all recent flight delays and cancellation data for Lufthansa. The table below gives you an inside view of how much information we have at our disposal.
Had flight problems with Lufthansa?
Flightright takes care of your rights in the event of flight delays, cancellations, and overbooking and is committed to ensuring that you receive your compensation from the airline.
We will be happy to help you in case of flight problems with the airline for:
We have already been able to help with problems at the following airports, among others
We have already taken successful action against these and more airlines
Your flight did not go as planned?
In the event of flight delays, cancellations and overbooking, passengers may be entitled to compensation or ticket reimbursement. Flightright enforces your rights.