Ryanair flight delays and cancellations
Ryanair is cancelling a lot of flights due to lower demand. For flight cancellations due to economic reasons, we see good chances to have a claim for compensation, especially if you were informed by Ryanair not more than 14 days before your flight.
Renowned for its rock-bottom prices, excessive fees, and questionable customer service, Ryanair is one of Europe’s most notorious airlines. But don’t worry, when delays and cancellations occur, we can enforce your right to compensation of up to €600.
At Flightright, we assist Ryanair passengers who have been subjected to a delay or flight cancellation to enforce their rights. Getting compensated is quick and simple. To get started, use our free online calculator to check your eligibility for a Ryanair flight delay compensation.
What are my rights when delayed with Ryanair?
- According to EU law up to €600 compensation
- Regardless of the ticket price
- Flights up to 6 years old
- When the flight was delayed at least 3 hours, cancelled or overbooked
What should I do when delayed with Ryanair?
- Confirm the reason for the delay with the airline.
- Collect proof: photos, receipts of expenses, vouchers, etc.
- Insist on your basic benefits and services at the airport.
- Check your eligibility for compensation with our free online calculator
Recent flight delays and cancellations with Ryanair
Click to view all recent flight delay and cancellation data for Ryanair. The table below gives you an inside view of how much information we have at our disposal.
Under what conditions is your flight delay with Ryanair eligible for compensation?
The 2004 EU261 regulation clearly defines a flight delay as to when an airline or its replacement arrives at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected. In this circumstance, you need to check to know if you might be entitled to compensation.
Note: the amount of compensation is dependent on the distance of the flight – not on the amount you paid for your ticket. Additionally, the flight must either take off or land in the European Union. In the case where it is landing in the European Union, the airline must also have its headquarters in the EU.
A Ryanair passenger is entitled to compensation in the event of any of the following:
- Flight delay: If your Ryanair flight arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
- Flight Cancellation: if you were not informed of the cancellation or informed less than 14 days before departure.
- Overbooking: If you had suffered a denied boarding due to overbooking of your flight.
- Missed connecting flight: If you missed a connecting flight due to a delay in one of the legs and you arrived at your destination more than 3 hours later than expected.
Don’t take any excuses!
- Meal vouchers or accommodation (in the case of an overnight delay) does not suffice for compensation.
- All flight packages are covered by this regulation and only the person on the passenger manifest and who have suffered the delay, irrespective of who paid for the ticket, will receive compensation for the disturbance.
- Your claims are valid up to 6 years in the past.
- Only extraordinary circumstances such as union strikes or bad weather relieve the airline of this responsibility.
Here is an overview of which compensation you’ll be entitled to, based on the circumstances of your delay:
- Short distance flight delays – Below 1500km – Passengers are due €250 compensation from Ryanair.
- Medium distance flight delays – Between 1500km and 3500km – Passengers are due €400 compensation from Ryanair.
- Long distance flight delays – Over 3500km – Passengers are due €600 compensation from Ryanair
How to claim compensation from Ryanair
The first thing to do is confirm that you are actually eligible for a Ryanair flight delay compensation. This is often not a simple process when done on your own: getting access to flight databases, comparing your situation with other similar cases, checking whether your case applies under European Regulation No. 261/2004 etc. are some of the tasks that need to be done carefully to determine if you are eligible for a Ryanair compensation. In fact, for an individual without the legal expertise or the required technology, this can prove quite complicated.
But we have made it all easy with Flightright. In simple steps, you can determine your eligibility to a Ryanair delay compensation. Simply enter your flight details into our free compensation calculator, establish that you’re entitled to a claim against Ryanair and then leave the rest to us. It will only take a few minutes for us to verify the eligibility of your claim and initiate action to ensure that you get compensated. Our service is free as we only get a percentage of what we are able to extract as a claim. By choosing us, you are opting to join the more than 7.8 million satisfied customers that have used our service. We are a dependable partner and we have been successful at asserting air passenger rights for over 8 years.
Ryanair Additional services at the airport
If your Ryanair flight departure is delayed for more than normal, you immediately have the right to basic benefits and services. These rights vary depending on the distance of your flight. Below, you’ll find an overview of what you’re eligible for:
- Short distance: from 2 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Medium distance: from 3 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
- Long-haul: from 4 hours waiting time – free drinks, free food and 2 telephone calls, emails or faxes
In this instance you can, regardless of the distance, withdraw from your flight. Ryanair is obliged to either reimburse you or offer you alternative transportation to your destination.Departure delayed until the next day
You’re eligible for a stay in a hotel, including transport to and from the airport. Contact Ryanair customer service directly and ask that confirmation of your hotel room and transfers to be provided in writing.
Your flight didn’t take off yet?
You can simply enter your flight details for your future flight and we will let you know whether you’re eligible for compensation. Enter your flight here: